Google My Business is significant because of its association with the most popular search engine in the world; Google. Similar to the yellow pages of yore, Google My Business strives to be the authoritative directory of all businesses, worldwide.
CLAIM YOUR LISTING
- The first step to managing your listing is to claim your listing.
- This can be done via the Google My Business website.
UPDATE YOUR LISTING
- Verify that your essential business information is correct: company name, address, telephone, website, and hours.
- Add photos, services, products, and company descriptions to complete your profile fully.
- Solicit reviews from your best customers. You can build a review link, which you can send to your customers using this Google tool.
- Post news, deals, and announcement to the Posts feature.
- Check back regularly for new features and to respond to any customer reviews.
- Get the App. If your business gets a higher volume of reviews, put the Google My Business app on your smartphone to stay in touch, and manage your listing and reviews with ease.
NOT JUST GOOGLE.COM
Google My Business data powers more than just searches on Google.com. Google Maps, which guides people to businesses daily, and other mapping and business directories rely on Google for this authoritative data. Verifying your data, and correcting any mistakes is vital to ensuring your customers find your business.