Search engines rank websites based on hundreds of individual factors. Focus on your website content, and the visitor’s experience above all else. There is no magic SEO wand!
- Content, content, content.
- Your content (copy, images) must be relevant to the search.
- Most users don’t look beyond the first few results.
- Search results vary based on device & location.
- Your website rank will constantly fluctuate.
- Links TO your website are the most valuable SEO factor.
- Get links from high ranking websites to improve your rank.
- You cannot buy your way to the top of organic results.
- You can’t cram all your keywords on one page.
ALL ABOUT GOOGLE
- Google is #1
- Google My Business is important, claim your listing.
- Google Reviews are very important, solicit and respond.
- Google wants you to operate like they do not exist.
- Google has “organic listings” (not paid) and ads (cost-per-click)
- Google is constantly changing their ranking logic.
- If you do well in Google, you’ll do well in Bing (#2).
- Must be fast – load in 3 seconds or less.
- Must be relevant to what the user is searching for.
- Must be secure (https)
- Must have enough descriptive copy for Google to read.
- Must be updated regularly.